Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tumble Girl

We took a big step in January...
Gracie started team tumbling, right in the middle of competition season, way before her momma was ready for it!
She has been tumbling in rec classes for a long time and she has always told me she is not interested in team tumbling. I asked her just after Christmas if it might be something she wants to do in a few years, knowing that there is often a long waiting list at her gym for team.
I made the mistake of asking about it with Grace standing there and the answer was...well we have some spots right now, she could start tomorrow!
Of course Grace was ready and willing, I had a slight meltdown that evening trying to figure out how to fit in two nights a week for an hour and an half.

For an 8 year old she is already busy with soccer, dance, piano and tumbling...there are only so many hours in the day after school and I do have two other kids, one of which is equally busy!

On the way to her first meet, she was so nervous...I was shaking like a leaf waiting for her turn, JJ had to hold the camera.
She tumbled like a pro, I had no need to be nervous, she took second on floor!
She loves it and amazes me every week with what she can do.
We went to four meets over the last few months...she placed really well in all of them.

She was born to do this...

Now I just have to figure out how to keep up!

No comments: