Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dominican Republic

JJ and I went to the Dominican Republic in February with friends...no kids attached!
It was beautiful, amazing, so much fun to spend a week with great people.

We hiked, rode four wheelers, enjoyed the beaches, ate a lot, laughed even more, feared for our lives and had an absolutely amazing week!
We all fell in love with the swing at our house, I want JJ to build one for our pergola...it is on the schedule this summer. 
Look at my hot hubby...loved spending a week with him!
And you can't beat this...we got to this private beach by boat after attempting to whale watch but mostly getting beat up in the waves and fearing for our lives (seriously).
Our boat captain (a crazy, young Dominican) climbed the trees and broke open fresh coconuts for us.
I am smiling because we survived making it to the island...apparently I didn't realize we had to go back! I would have paid good money not to have to get back on that boat! 


Saying goodbye on our way to the airport...until next time.

  

I can never get enough of the sand, sun and ocean!

Thanks to our parents for shuttling our munchkins around and taking care of them, we never have to worry about them and that makes going on vacation all worth it!

No comments: